Why is digestion important?
Good health is impossible without being able to break down, absorb & utilize the nutrients that come into our bodies
Digestion involves working with other internal organs to ensure that the nutrients from the foods we eat are properly distributed throughout the body and that everything that isn’t needed or is harmful is eliminated. If nutrients are missing or not in balance, digestion won’t be optimal.
- Break down and absorption of food into compounds your body can use for nourishment.
- Eliminating unused waste products of digestion, food waste, metabolic waste, toxic metals, and drug residues.
- Aiding the first line of defense in the body’s immune system.
- Eliminating waste + immune function. 60% of immunity lives in the tract.
Symptoms of poor digestion:
• Constipation • Loose bowels • Excess gas • Bloating • Acne • Skin rashes • Headaches • Migraines• Irritability• Stomach pain• Food sensitivities • Low back pain • Low energy • Dysbiosis (imbalanced gut bacteria) • Candida• Heartburn • Indigestion
Common causes of poor digestion
• Processed & packaged food • Refined sugar• Low stomach acid• Dysbiosis • Stress • Not chewing thoroughly
Simple ways to improve digestion
SIP ON lemon water or 1 tbsp. of raw apple cider vinegar diluted in water for gastric juice production. Limit beverage intake during meals in order to prevent dilution of digestive juices.
DIGESTIVE BITTERS reduces digestive discomfort, improve digestive system, fuel for good bacteria, breaks down food
FERMENTED FOODS bring your colon back into balance. help your body digest and absorb food with live enzymes.
EAT IN PEACE eating in a peaceful environment with plants, softer lighting, less noise, encourages slower eating & better chewing
I encourage to take your digestion seriously as it houses our immunity, mood, healthy aging, and overall wellness.