I am in love with this sweet little thing. Is it dessert? Is it a snack? It's been both to me! This chocolate mousse is delicious, has nutritious ingredients, and best of all its so damn easy to make.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 c. medjool dates, (soak in warm water, at least 30 minutes)
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. mashed avocado (about 3 avocados)
- 3/4 c. organic raw cacao powder
- 1/2 c. water
- Sprinkle of raw cacao nibs (optional…but do it!)
Blend or process dates, maple syrup and vanilla until smooth.
Add mashed avocado and cacao powder.
Add water and process until smooth. That’s it. Serve chilled.
- A healthy fat that helps the body to absorb other fat-soluble vitamins (A,D,E,K)
- Increases good HDL cholesterol levels
- Hydrates cells and gives skin moisture with vitamins B, K & E
- High in potassium, more than bananas
- Naturally balances hormones
- Fights inflammation throughout the body
- Highest in antioxidants, more than any other food
- Highest in magnesium and chromium
- Enhances mood and the love senses by increasing tryptophan and serotonin
- Protects from cardiovascular disease
- Helps with weight loss
- Protects from cavities
- Protects skin from UV damage
- Sharpens mind and slows the aging process
Adopted from Dr. Axe, certified Nutrition Specialist, expert in Natural Medicine. www.draxe.com